||Yashtimadhuka, Mitilakadi, Asailasoos,
Erattimadhuram, Athimadhuram, Athimadhura, Jeshtamaddu
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Mathura [sweet] and mild spicy.
- Vipaka: Sweet.
- Veerya: Seetaveerya.
- It is a rasayana.
- It is demulcent, expectorant, aphrodisiac, mild laxative
- Cures eye diseases.
- Detoxifies poisons.
- Balances pitta dosha.
- It increases the flow of saliva and decreases thirsty.
- The combination of Yashtimadhuka and milk is good aphrodisiac.The
seeds in limited dosage acts as good aphrodiasac.
- Externally it heals wounds and cuts with ghee.
- It develops hair.
- It decreases cough, hoarseness of voice.
- It a remedy for asthma.
- It minimizes the irritation of the larynx and the urinary
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Neelipushapa: The plant with blue coloured flowers.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Madhuka: Sweet in taste.
- Rasayani: With rasayana properties.
Gada nigraham, Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika,
Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email