||Reetha, Puchikottai, Munippungu,
Urulinji, Kumkuticettu, Uruvanci, Phenila, Antolakaayi,
2. Parts used:
- Soapnut shells
- Soapnut shells powder
Contents: Tannic acid, Vitamin C.
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Spicy.
- Vipaka: Spice.
- Veerya: Ushna veerya.
- These seeds are rich in saponins.
- It is an antibacterial cleanser. Exfoliant.
- It has expectorant and emetic properties.
- It is used as cleansing agent for hair, skin and laundry.
- It clears skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, itchy
- It also protects sensitive skin.
- It prevents hair loss, controls dandruff.
- It balances salivation, epilepsy and chlorosis.
- Good remedy for dental caries.
- It is good cleaning agent for oily skin.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Krishnabeeja: Black seeds.
- Phenila: Creats foam.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Garbhapatana: Makes abortion.
Lolamba rajeeyam, Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika,
Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena,Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email