|| Podina, Pudeena, Pudina
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Mathura.
- Anurasa: Katu.
- Veerya: Ushna.
- Used in cold and refreshing drinks.
- It is carminative, stimulative, stomachic, diaphoretic
and antispasmodic by nature.
- It is good for colds, flu and fevers.
- It helps digestion, rheumatism, hiccups, stings, ear aches,
flatulence and for throat and sinus ailments.
- It also helps motion sickness.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Sugandhi patra: The leaves are with good smell.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Vatihari: It prevents vomiting.
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email