||Kadali valai, Ksetrakadali, Balehannu,
2. Parts used:
Alkaloids: Water, albuminoids, fat, carbohydrates
(more than 2/3 starch), fiber, phosphates and other salts,
sugar, magnesium and potassium.
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Sweet.
- Veerya: Seetaveerya.
- Balances vata and pitta doshas.
- The rhizome is good remedy for ear diseases.
- The tender banana fruit balances pitta.
- The raw flowers are treated as remedy for diabetis and
- The juice of this plant works for fevers, hemorrhages,
Epilepsy, leprosy, dysentery , digestive disorders, dysentery,
hemorrhoids and diarrhea can be cured by using this plant.
- It acts a pain reliever in the case of insect stings.
- The tender, young leaves give cooling effect when applied
- Diarrhea, bronchocele and malignant ulcers curable by
- Mucilage of the fruit helps to cure eye diseases like
- Anemia, blood pressure, constipation, depression can
be controlled by this herb.
- Root has been used as an anthelmintic.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Ambusara: The plant with water content.
- Deergapatra: With long leaves.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Vataghni: Balances vata.
- Pittahari: Balances kapha.
Vasthu guna deepika, Lolambarajeeyam, Vasthu guna prakashika,
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email